Grandpa and Maggie.
Grandma and the boys.
We ran into a woman that used to work with Daniel and she let Mitchell play around in her boat when he didn't want to go into the water.
The next day we stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's and gave the babies some sand toys, pails of water and measuring cups to play with...that was enough to entertain them for hours. They had a lot of fun drinking and dumping the water, they were totally soaked and loving it! The boys giggled and shrieked when I sprayed them with the mist from the water hose. Maggie on the other hand wanted to be nowhere near the hose and stayed safe in Grandma's arms.
If you look close enough you can see teeth marks on Maggie's arm. Maybe we should ask Mitchell how they got there?
Mitchell liked Grandma's solar lights, or balls as he was calling them.
Casey must have drank 2 litres of water that day.
When they go down stairs, the babies sometimes start backing up halfway across the room (or the deck in this case). It's kind of funny!
Peaking in on daddy.
Mitchell and Grandma waving bye-bye to a boat on the lake.
The babies stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's on Saturday while Daniel and I went golfing. It was a perfect day and really nice to get out together. The year that I was pregnant I waddled my way through two rounds and last year I only got out once so it was nice to have the chance to go. And I didn't stink up the course too bad so that was good. I told Daniel that maybe all I needed to improve my game was to have 3kids, basically take 2 years off and then as he mentioned, gain a lot of patience. We golfed 18 holes, enjoyed a few cold ones, had supper and then stopped by Jody and Missy's (my brother and SIL) for a visit with them and the kids. It was a nice date.
My babies and niece Ava checking out baby cousin Calder.
Maggie supervising me as I gave Calder his bottle. As crazy as the early days were for us, I really do miss them in many ways.
Casey with Uncle Jody and Auntie Missy.
Mitchell needed some time to just chill with Grandpa. We're still trying to adjust to the 1 nap a day.
They slept really well the time that we were there. The transition to using the pea pods instead of play pens has gone a lot smoother than I anticipated. And we are loving not having to lug the play pens with us when we go somewhere!



4 comments:
The lake looked like so much fun! I wish we had someplace nearby like that.
I completely understand missing those early days when they were just little babies, no matter how crazy/sleep deprived we were!
That was a wonderful blog Jill. It looks beautiful there and it looks like the kids enjoyed themselves a lot! I am in shock as to how big they are getting - where has the time gone? And I also understand missing those "baby moments" although, they're not that far away. You're always free to cuddle or feed the newest addition at our get to gethers!
It looks like you all had a blast at the lake...plus it sounds like you and your husband had a great time golfing and enjoying some couple time!
The lake looks like a great place and the most important thing is that everyone had a great time.
Post a Comment