Monday, July 12, 2010

I Surrender

I get asked quite often if I've given the babies hair cuts yet or when I plan on doing it. They have such beautiful curly hair and I've heard of some kids losing their curls once they get it cut. The thought of cutting it has entered my mind on the crazy hair days but then I would see them with their gorgeous ringlets and think there was no way I could do it. I really do like the longer, shaggy look on boys and Maggie's I can either put in a ponytail or pigtails. When I was at the grocery store one day with the babies an older gentleman stopped us and started talking to us. He asked, "3 girls?" and I of course answered, "No, 2 boys and a girl". He said, "Hmmm, so the boys have long curly hair? Hmmm." Apparently he didn't think the boys should have long hair.

After looking at these pictures I took the other day, I realized I need to get over it and give my kids (the boys mainly) a hair cut! Or, maybe just a trim. I was changing the sheets in their cribs so I put the boys in Maggie's crib and Maggie in Casey's crib. They had a blast jumping around, as you can tell from the hair flopping all over the place!






A nice one of the boys.

Maggie was loving being in Casey's crib all by herself.




Here are a few pictures after their bath last night.



This is the hair that I don't want to, but probably will cut!

3 comments:

Susan said...

You don't have to rush and cut their hair if you don't want to. Those curls are too cute! Enjoy having it the way you want before they can voice their opinion!

Annie said...

Their curly hair is beautiful and yes, most kids lost their curly when have a hair cut.

Looks like they had lots of fun jumping at the cribs.

Kate@SurroundedbyPenises said...

I love love love their curls!!! Thanks for stopping by :) Way to go braving the splash park alone, btw...that's a feat I've yet to attempt alone with my crew...just the thought has me reaching for a paper bag to breathe into lol