Friday, July 9, 2010

2 Special Nieces

My niece Meaghan graduated grade 12 last week. Daniel's mom came to stay with the babies so I could go to the ceremony. She looked gorgeous! There were lots of things running through my mind as I saw her up ther getting her diploma. I thought back to my grade 12 grad and although it doesn't seem like it's been 13 years, it also seems like a lifetime ago. Then I started remembering when Meaghan was much younger, around the age that our babies are now, which then led to thinking of our kids up there graduating grade 12. That's when I had to snap out of it.

Here are a few pictures of Meaghan on her big day.


Meaghan and my sister Gail.

The whole family.

With her bros.

Congratulations Meaghan...you are a special young woman!

We became an auntie and uncle again early Tuesday morning. Daniel's brother Brady and his wife Indra had a little girl they named Michaela. Baby and momma are doing great. I guess Michaela slept for 6 hours last night, letting her mom and dad catch up on some sleep.

Oh, and I should mention that we do have 2 other very special nieces and 5 handsome nephews. I can't forget about them!

This is the new "nack" spot. This was from a little while back when Maggie was still getting over pink eye.

Yesterday this is how they decided to eat their raisins. They have really been into pretending that they are puppies lately. They'll crawl around on all 4's with their tongues hanging out and come over to us so we can pet them and say, "Hi puppy Maggie/Mitchell/Casey".

For some reason they all wanted to line up against the wall yesterday. I got out my camera and thought to myself that this could be a first day of school picture! We have a few things to work on before that happens, like ditching the soothies and blankies. Oh and maybe getting a haircut.


The sad thing is that before we know it this will actually be happening.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Congratulations to your niece. She is so beautiful.

Congrats Auntie!! Michaela is adorable. God bless her.