Well after today I am saying, too bad so sad. If you throw anything, you're done. I got the idea to do this from another triplet mom on the Triplet Connection forum where she said that she did this with her kids. If anyone threw any food or plates/utensils they came out of their chair and didn't get to eat again until the next snack or meal. She said it took a few days of some crying and whining but after those first few days there was no more throwing. A little additional crying and whining in our days won't even be noticed so now is as good of a time as any to try this.
I know that I just need to relax and let go of things a little, if they are really hungry they will eat. I think my mentality around this came from the beginning when they were discharged from NICU and the nurses stressed to us how important it was to get them to take their bottles to catch up on their weights. Well, obviously that was a long time ago and no one here is fading away. So we'll see how boot camp goes tomorrow.
Last weekend we went to the lake again. We try to get at least one weekend out of the summer where everyone in my family can get together out there. It was a great weekend! I think the biggest hit with the babies was playing in the tubes and being pulled around.
I think Mitchell liked being pulled around the most. We heard lots of his famous giggles.
Mitchell gave Brennan a thank you hug for all of his hard work pulling everyone around. Thanks Brennan and Brett!
Casey and Maggie did take their turns doing some pulling.
Maggie also took a little time out to pose with daddy.
My niece Ava was another passenger in the tubes.
Here are a few other pictures of our little Roughrider fans.
They slept through almost all of the game, but our littest fan Calder turned the game around for us once he put on a jersey.



3 comments:
I'm curious to see how bootcamp goes for you. We're dealing with the same issues around here. Mealtimes are very frustrating! Good luck!
I saw something similar on Jon and Kate plus 8 and it works. Kids (like my girls did) thinks meal time is for fun. Sometimes I do that (still) and it works.Good luck
Your babies are beautiful!! I'm so jealous you have a girl!!
After the twins I tried for Pink and got my Dominic instead. I wouldn't trade him for the world, though!
Good luck with the food fight! Dominic hurled a toy cow from his kid's meal at the back of someone's head today at Chick-fil-a......which I promptly chucked in the garbage while he watched. Mean, I know. But maybe he just won't do that again!
Post a Comment