Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Videos

I've had some videos that I wanted to post here from the past month but for some reason I haven't been able to get them to play. So I finally uploaded them onto You Tube and then put the privacy setting to unlisted so no one else can find them.

These videos give you a bit of a glimpse into our kiddos being their goofy (and noisy) selves. This is what it sounds like in our house a good part of the day when they are awake. The odd time it's a little quieter, sometimes it's a lot louder.






This one isn't really them being loud, it's just Casey being really cute!


Our mealtime bootcamp has been going pretty well. What I've been doing is anytime they are in their chairs and throw any or all of their food or plate they come straight out their chair and just have to hang out while everyone else finishes their meal. At first they are okay with coming out but when they realize that they're missing out on all the good stuff that comes at the end of the meal like blueberries, grapes, etc., they are crying and whining to get back in their chairs. That's when I tell them again "No, we don't throw food, you're all done". I've been really praising whoever eats their meal with no throwing and when I take them out of their chairs we do 3 cheers (with the hip, hip, hoorays). It was so funny today...Maggie ate her meal good but then threw her sippy cup at the end so I took her out of her chair and just set her down (after telling her no throwing). When I took the boys out I made a big deal of how good they did and we did 3 cheers. Maggie watched us and then came up to me and said "Hoorays? Hoorays?" She was upset because I didn't give her 3 cheers and the hip, hip, hoorays. It was priceless!

So, overall I would say mealtimes have been substantially better since I started this last Friday and I think it should only get better. Casey hasn't thrown anything at all since then, he's just observed and learned through watching Maggie and Mitchell get ousted from their chairs. I feel better about mealtimes now too.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Glad to hear it's working! Our mealtimes are not too bad, we have more trouble with them not liking what I give them so they want something else and I usually give in. Maybe I will just stop and ignore them and hope it works after a couple days.