Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Spray Park

Last Friday I took the babies to the spray park, just the 4 of us. It was looking it may not be a great idea because it took way too long to get everything and everyone packed up and ready to go. But part of that problem was that I didn't have anything ready ahead of time, which is key to getting out the door somewhat smoothly with our 3 monsters, I mean angels. I parked the van, put the Elmo harnesses on and we trekked through the mosquito swarmed park to get to the spray park. Once we got there the babies headed straight for the water. This was the first time we've gone so it was all new to them.



Mitchell had a lot of fun getting sprayed and giggled a good part of the time. He was however curious about what was on the grass surrounding the park. I had to tell him to come back a number of times but luckily for me though listened really well and never made a break for it.



These pictures of Casey don't do justice as to how much fun he had. He was squealing and giggling as he ran through the water. He said "Spray, spray" over and over and over!



Maggie really enjoyed herself too but was a little more cautious than the boys. She liked to get sprayed a little but wasn't interested in getting soaked. I didn't get a picture of her doing it, but she was trying to round up the other kids' pails. I guess the margarine containers that I brought along weren't doing the trick.




When it was time to go it took a little while to get everyone gathered in one spot and their Elmos back on. Mitchell and Maggie were fine with the idea, Casey didn't want to leave and voiced his objection with his ear piercing cry. But after I bribed him with my cell phone, everything was fine. We had a few tumbles while walking on the harnesses. It's tough when one of them is lagging behind and the other two are ahead, someone is going to get pulled.

All in all, it was a really good outing and we'll definitely go back. They had so much fun! It's nice to know that we did another normal thing on our own that most moms wouldn't think twice about. But as any mom of multiples knows, normal things are not so simple when we're outnumbered by more than 1 kid the same age, there just aren't enough hands and arms to go around.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats on getting them out alone! That is a huge task for a MOM. It looks like you had the place to yourselves too which I'm sure was a huge bonus!

Samantha said...

What great pics! I love that this spray park is close to you and open. Ours is at the park district and you have to pay to get in. It's also super busy!

Lani said...

great job, taking them to a spray park by yourself! that is no easy task, but it looks like it was all worthwhile!

Annie said...

Looks like a great time and the park was to yourselves, right?