Sunday, January 16, 2011

Loving the Library

I took the kids to Pooh's Corner for the first time this past week, which is a story time class for kids at the downtown library. They had a great time and actually sat through the whole thing. Casey and Maggie were attentive the whole time, Mitchell had trouble sitting still but he did still behave really well. We'll definitely go back again. Before we went in for story time the kids played for a bit. Mitchell was circling around this little girl with the shopping cart/stroller just waiting for his chance to go in for the steal.

He gave up and moved onto the airplane.


What's the first thing we do when we get back in the van? Sunglasses of course.

Casey is so funny when he does things like coloring or trying to fix something, he gets his face down about a centimeter away from whatever he's doing and concentrates so hard.


The other day I was in the kitchen and heard the boys giggling like crazy and banging something around in the playroom. When I got into the hallway I saw that they had torn the room apart(which is nothing new), but they also had turned this little house we have on it's side, got it through the doorway and were rolling it around with each other in there. I got it back in the playroom and then got some footage.

Then both of the boys wanted to be in there together which was fun at first...


but as you can imagine, it didn't last long.

When all of this was happening Maggie was stuck to my side which is where she's been lately. She has been a total mommy's girl lately which I'm soaking up because she's usually a daddy's girl. I'm not sure if this is just a phase or if it's due to something else. There's been a number of mornings where we've found little blood spots on her pillows that has come from her ears. The doctor didn't seem to concerned about it when we went to see him but because it's still happening he is referring her to an ear, nose and throat specialist. She never acts as if her ears are bothering her and doesn't seem to have a fever, the only thing different with her is that she is very attached to me, which may or may not be related. So we're hoping we can get in to see the ENT doctor soon.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Funny pictures of them at their playroom.

Heather said...

Love all the new pictures!

I'm sorry Maggie has to see an ENT. Hopefully, since the doctor isn't worried, it really isn't anything! But I'm sure you won't feel better until you see a specialist so you know for sure...that's how I would feel! At least for now enjoy the "mommy's girl" time! : )

Susan said...

We haven't braved the story time at our library yet, but you look like you managed really well.

Hope everything is okay with Maggie. LOVE her pigtails!!

Samantha said...

We have heard good things about our library story time, but I don't know if our kids' attention span is up to it!

Hope everything turns out okay with Maggie.