Sunday, January 23, 2011

Potty Practice & the Museum

We've been taking this potty thing pretty easy, just putting the kids on when we think of it, nothing regular yet. Maggie and Mitchell have both gone #1 in the potty once or twice and were darn proud of themselves (as they should be!). I saw a friend the other day who's twins are 3 months older than our kids and she was telling me about her battles with them. So I'm sticking to my same approach for now, waiting until they seem a little more ready. And I would like to do it when I can take some time off work to be at home with them the whole time.

We've been getting a good laugh out some things so far. A week or two ago I pulled Casey's pants up without putting a diaper on and he started to giggle and said, "Mommy, my wee-wee's in in my pants!" Then later on him and Maggie were running around diaper-less as I was getting Mitchell dressed. I could hear Casey chasing Maggie around the house saying "Maggie touch my wee-wee, touch my wee-wee!" She was running from him but thought it was hilarious! It was so funny! What a true boy!

I took the kids to the Children's Museum a few days ago and they had a blast. There were life size puppies that they laid dibs on as soon as we got there. There's a wall where they can put different sized blocks in and out which they did for at least 20 min.


Then there was the canoe and paddles...



...which soon became weapons and axes to chop wood.

They also liked all of the dress up clothes and musical instruments.





After the museum we watched the fish for quite a while and then of course rode the puppy.

The best part about all of this was that we parked underground at the mall so we didn't even feel the minus a million temperature!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

The museum looks like fun!

I love all the funny things the kids are saying!

Susan said...

Potty training is something we're taking easy over here too. Ava was doing really well, then suddenly stopped wanting to go. Turns out she is cutting 2 molars and has been sooooo crabby the past few weeks so we backed off the potty for a while. It's definitely going to take a while. Can't wait to hear more about how yours are doing!

Anonymous said...

hi, i just found your blog and wanted to tell you that your kids are absolutely adorable. gorgeous hair on all three and beautiful eyes on all three!

i have twin boys that were born just a few weeks before your triplets..well, mine are triplets, too, officially..surviving twins (at 12 weeks, just like you)...

what i would like to know is your secret to get them gain weight so well! seriosly, looking back at your blog, i am amazed at their 18 month stats- i did not see the 2-year ones yet...at almost 29 months, we are just 22 and 23lb and our heights seem to be very very similar to your boys. any secrets? we need to gain desperately!
anyhow, i look forward following your blog...pleasure to have found it...esther