Thursday, January 13, 2011

Big Kid Chairs

Quite a while back my dad made 3 restaurant style high chairs for the kids. Up until now we've just been using them when we go to their place because honestly, I didn't want to not see our 3 high chairs in our kitchen. Now I realize how great these chairs are and how much bigger our dining room seems. Besides the occasional "trading" of food, the kids eat pretty well in them.


My dad is very talented and can make pretty much anything. He also made our kitchen table!

Another nice thing about the chairs is that the kids can slide them out from the table and sweep underneath! I'll take all the help I can get!



Another way the kids love to help is to carry groceries upstairs when I come home. We often end up with a lot of squished bread, but whatever, they're pretty proud of themselves. This day they got into the mushrooms and then had fun pretending to eat them. For lunch that day Maggie actually did eat a big one, just like it was an apple, Casey had one bite and Mitchell chewed apart the whole thing but didn't actually eat any of it. I think he liked the idea of eating it, but just couldn't get past the taste.


Maggie loves to wear sunglasses, even upside down!


I've been looking back through some pictures and saw this one of them in their high chairs for the first time...

And then the last time...

I'm a total sap when it comes to thinking about my babies growing up. It's just happening way too quickly!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I was sooo happy to get rid of those high chairs! We have booster seats are our dining room table, but they end up sitting at the bar stools at the counter.

What is it with all kids wearing sunglasses upside down???

Annie said...

Your dad did a wonderful job with those chairs.

Cute helpers!!!