Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ring Around the Rosey

Just in the last few weeks the kids have really started to play, talk and interact with each other more. This has led to a new favorite game of ring around the rosey that has replaced group hugs/tackle/doggie piles.

I love this picture of Maggie, I just wish I hadn't cut her head off...oops!


Here are a couple videos.

Near the end, Casey started getting fussy about whether he held Mitchell's hand, one of his fingers or his thumb.


We took the kids for a speech therapy appointment yesterday. They all were a little shy at first and of course didn't talk near as much as they do at home, but the therapist didn't have any concerns. Mitchell was the most vocal of the group and the therapist was pretty impressed with how well Mitchell said "excavator" and a few other fairly complex words. She had a good laugh when she asked him what he wanted to eat for lunch and he said "chicken". She gave us a few good ideas of things to try with them and things we can do a little differently to help them build their language skills and then we'll go back again in July for a follow-up appointment. Thank you Meaghan, my 18 year old niece, who got up early on a Friday morning to hang out with the kids in the waiting room while they took turns being seen!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Mine too have started to do ring around the rosey... it is very cute! I don't think mine do as well as yours though when they fall...they usually end up on top of each other! And how in the world do you let them run around with just diapers and still keep um on? I tried that... and they take um off. They get in trouble if they do, but once they realize that, then they just poke their fingers in and out all day or go hide from me and do it.

Jill said...

Megan - this was right after bath time and before we put their jammies on. They are the same as yours...those untaped diapers wouldn't last long!

Samantha said...

I love when they do ring around the rosey! So cute!

I am still amazed at some of the things these kids say!