Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Finally Time for the Tents

A few months ago when Mitchell and Maggie got out of their cribs I ordered crib tents. I had never heard of them until I entered this world of triplets and since then I've heard too many moms of multiples say that when they moved their toddlers out of cribs, naps went out the window. I can honestly say that there is no way that our kids are ready to give up naps, so up went the tents.

The anticipation of waiting for ALL 3 tents to be put on their cribs was like torture for them!

We are looking forward to not having to pick up 60 stuffed animals and cribs sheets off the floor each morning and afternoon!


They finally got to go in them...that was AWESOME!!!



Before bed that night they actually wanted to me to take their picture in front of their tents. They didn't make a peep when we zipped them up that first night and they have slept great every night since. Maggie, who used to wake up many nights because her 2 soothies had fallen out of her crib and she couldn't find them, hasn't cried out for me at all.



The one and only thing that I don't like about the tents is that I can't cover up the kids and tuck them in before I go to bed like I used to without unzipping them.

Before Daniel put the crib tents on, Maggie and Casey were showing off their muscles.


Maggie was convinced that her muscles were in her wrists and hands.





Earlier that day we decorated a gingerbread house I had tucked away in the pantry from Halloween. Once they realized that they could eat the icing, that's what it was all about.



The finished product!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

So happy it's working for you guys!
Surprisingly, mine haven't tried climbing out??? Good because we have wood floors in their room!

Susan said...

Glad the crib tents are working for you. I keep waiting for the girls to start climbing out of theirs, but we've been lucky not to have it happen more than once :)

SassyMama said...

Yay for crib tents!
They have saved (what is left of) my sanity. And I still often cover them up when I check on them at night. I am surprised the zipper doesn't wake them up more than it does.

Annie said...

So glad tents are working well.

Love their last picture. So cute!!!!!!