Thursday, February 24, 2011

Big Day in the Bathroom!

WARNING: potty pictures and talk. Don't read any further if this doesn't interest you.

Yesterday was a big day in our bathroom! I caught Mitchell as he was needing to go #2 and he agreed to sit on the potty. It took some time with his tractor and book but he went! That's a first in this house! He was SO proud and the best treat after was that he got to flush the big toilet.


But what happened after this was pretty funny. As Mitchell and I were celebrating in the bathroom, Daniel told Casey that Mitchell pooed in the potty and he was not impressed! He wanted to go try and do it himself, he couldn't let his brother show him up. Then of course Maggie wanted in on the competition too.

Casey was trying so hard to squeeze anything out, he was making all kinds of faces and sound effects, it was so funny!

Maggie managed to get about 3 little drops out and we did our celebration and then shortly after Casey did the same! They were all so happy! Right before this picture Maggie was jumping and spinning in the bathroom and fell head first into the tub. She got right up and had the biggest grin on her face!

It took me back to October 13th, 2009 when Mitchell walked for the first time, Maggie followed about an hour later and then Casey did it too an hour after that! Talk about sibling competition!

After all the excitement was over I put the potty seats on the counter so I could wash them later and then went back to the kitchen to finsh cleaning up. A few mintues later I heard the kids giggling and squealing and when I went back to check on them I saw that they were wearing the potty rings on their heads! Lovely!

Who knew that a "big pile of mess" as the kids were calling this was worth fighting over? It was very upsetting for Casey when Mitchell's broom would touch his pile...he kept shouting, "No Mitchell, my clean my mess"! I guess I should just be happy they were actually attempting to clean.


Another good thing about Tuesday was that we had some new friends come over to play who are just 10 weeks older than our kiddos. And thankfully, all five 2 year olds played really well together!

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's so funny that they have to keep up or outdo each other. I'm sure as soon one of them figures out this whole potty training thing, the other 2 will quickly follow :)

Annie said...

Another milestone for Mitchell.