Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back To The Real World

Day 1 back at work went pretty well both at work and at home. I was out the door at 6:15 so Daniel got them up and then once Amber got here he went to work. She said overall things went fine, a few little hiccups but nothing major. They cuddled right up to her at naptime and went down without a sound. 6:30am is an early start but I think it's easier to leave before the babies are awake, for them but also for me. I found myself looking at the clock so many times throughout the morning wondering how things were going at home. I'll usually get home around 1:30 which is during naptime so I'll still have an hour or two to get a few things done.

It's only been 1 day but I think this will be good for all of us, busier but good. The kids will have the chance to interact with someone else and do different things with her. I will have a chance to get out of the house 3 days a week and have some adult time. And even after paying for childcare, it will bring a little extra $$ into the house.

These are a few more pictures from our time in Fairmont last month (from my mom and dad's camera). We took the kids swimming and they loved it. Instead of putting them in swimming lessons I think we are just going to try and regularly go to family swim times.


Daddy's girl.


Casey and Daddy studying the rocks.

Mitchell and Maggie looking like they are up to no good.


I had to laugh when I saw these pictures.


Only a grandparent would take a picture of rocks that their grandchildren put on their deck. I guess you really do treasure the small things. Actually grandma and grandpa probably spent a fair bit of time cleaning up all of the rocks that got dumped in the grass.

3 comments:

Annie said...

So glad it was a great first day for you and for the kids.

Great pictures!1

Samantha said...

That is great that everything went well! What a relief!

Love the daddy/daughter pics!

Susan said...

Glad it went well. The kids will enjoy the little change in routine and you'll love that little time away with other adults. I'm so jealous!