Wednesday, August 25, 2010

3 Baseball Fans

Daniel's baseball team, the Muenster Red Sox, hosted the Western Canadian Baseball Championships 2 weekends ago. That gave us 4 days to realize that our munchkins could definitely be ball park kids....especially if there is lots of rain and puddles. The guys played pretty well but unfortunately didn't make it into the final.

Our front row seats right behind home plate.


The kids had so much fun at the ball diamond. Their buckets and shovels kept them entertained for quite a while and their cousin Julia joined in with them too.



They sweet talked Grandpa into moving the bench over for them in between games.


The last day we were there they discovered the swings so we hung out there for a while. We squished Mitchell and Maggie into a baby swing - that didn't last too long.

There were a lot of puddles around and at first they did pretty good at staying out of them. Then as their confidence grew they would stick just the tip of their shoe in the water, then half their foot and soon they were standing in the puddles with water above their shoes.



With all of the time outside and running around they slept really well but we did realize that we have 2 escape artists. One morning when I went into the bedroom to get everyone up Maggie was sitting on the floor outside of her tent. Then the next afternoon at nap time I heard some banging around in the bedroom. Shortly after that Mitchell opened the bedroom door and stood there staring at me for a few seconds. He must have realized he was busted because as I started walking towards him, he quickly shut the door. Both he and Maggie were out of their tents. It's funny because I took the zipper piece off the inside of tent because I knew they would open it - obviously that didn't work very well. Luckily though, there was no more escaping the rest of the weekend.

This was the best picture I got of Daniel and his 3 future ball players.

We went to my uncle's farm Saturday morning. The kids had fun but of course there was a fight over who got to ride on the lawn mower and no one was happy with how long their turn lasted.

Thanks so much to both grandmas and grandpas for helping keep track of everyone. It was a really fun, but tiring weekend.

I just had to share these last 2 pictures of Mitchell - what a handsome dude!


2 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun day for the kids.

Susan said...

Such cuties!

Good luck with your little escape artists!