Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hair Cut Time

I guess it's true what they say, "If you want something done right, do it yourself". I thought for the babies' first haircuts we would take them somewhere to get it done - a nice outing and something special for the first time. Well, it didn't turn out quite the way I had planned.

Ladies, you know that sick, sinking feeling in your stomach when you get your hair cut and the hairdresser takes way too much off? That's how I felt after seeing how much the hairdressers took off Casey and Mitchell. I told the them that I didn't want much taken off at all - just a tiny bit to clean it up and take off some of the fuzzy stuff. I still wanted it to be longer and shaggy. Maybe that wasn't specific enough because they took off a lot more than I wanted.

Mitchell was the first one into the chair. He was such a good boy, he sat on the quad so nice and quietly the whole time and did everything the hairdresser asked him to.



Maggie reluctantly got into the pink jeep but then once the girl tried to put the cape on her, she wanted out of there. She just snipped a little bit off the back of Maggie's hair, not too much. After she was done she got onto the quad that Mitchell had been on and then didn't want to get off.



Casey didn't want to sit in the chair by himself so I sat with him and then he was okay. He ended up getting the most taken off and granted he probably needed it the most, but it was definitely more than I wanted.


A week later I've gotten over it. They look so much older now with their hair cut, but are still as cute as ever. And I learned my lesson...do it myself next time.

We are almost all packed up to take off on our week long camping trip tomorrow. Daniel and I are really excited not just for a holiday but to take out first trip together as a family. We've got a lot of fun things planned to do with the babies so as long as the weather cooperates for us, everything should be great.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Aww! I did the girls myself, but just cause I did not think they would sit there and let a stranger cut their hair. I just trimmed a small amount off the ends. The boys look cute!!! It will grow back!

Samantha said...

They still look absolutely adorable!!! I am so scared to do it myself because I know I would screw up and they don't sit still for me!

Annie said...

They look so cute.

Have a great camping trip!!!

Joelee said...

Your trio is so stinkin' cute! LOVE the curls - it is so hard to think about cutting curls. Good thing you have skills to do it yourself - I wouldn't have a clue :}