Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dinner Guest

The babies invited a buddy of theirs to have dinner with them on Sunday. He even got to sit in their high chairs with them. They offered him pieces of their peanut butter and jam sandwich, ham, cucumbers and grapes. I think he got jabbed in the eye with their forks numerous times but he didn't seem to mind.




After lunch we all walked over to Auntie Gail and Uncle Dave's to try out the Elmo harnesses. My nephew Brett walked back to our house with us. I think Elmo is actually supposed to go on their backs as a backpack, but they like being able to see him in front of them.



Up until now we've just used the harnesses in the house but I wanted to take them outside and see how they would do. We all got tangled up a few times but it wasn't too bad. As we were walking back there was a family who rode by us on their bikes. I heard one of the little girls say, "Look mom, there's 3 babies on dog leashes!". It was pretty funny!

Yesterday I had the babies all loaded in the stroller to go out for a walk when I realized we had a flat tire. So I packed them up in the van, took the stroller in to get fixed and then ran a few errands. I needed to get a few things from the grocery store and seeing as I didn't have the stroller, I thought I would give the harnesses a try. I soon found out that 3 kids in Elmo harnesses attracts more attention than 3 kids in a triple stroller. Things actually went pretty darn well. It was a little tricky at times when I had to switch the straps from to hand while holding a grocery basket to try and keep everyone untangled, but they actually were really good. I probably won't choose to do it on a regular basis but it was nice to know that I can do it if I have to (or want to). I washed and sanitized everyone's hands really well before and after so we weren't adding to all of the germs at the grocery store.

On the pink eye front...the boys seem to be over it. Maggie did end up getting it last Friday and it's getting better but will probably be a few more days until it's completely gone. I got it Monday night but I'm hoping with the antibiotic eye drops it clears up soon. In the meantime I'm really hoping that Daniel doesn't get it and that it doesn't get passed back around through everyone. Hopefully all of the handwashing and disinfecting works!

4 comments:

Annie said...

I like Elmo, adorable. I think they feel the freedom.

ndimasi said...

Hi Jill, we need an Elmo harness! I'm looking online right now! So glad I checked on your trio:) HOping all is well. Nicole

Susan said...

I've been thinking about getting harnesses but mine are so crazy I think I would spend a lot of time untangling them! Did it take a lot of practice at home getting them "trained"?

Jill said...

Susan - my kids are crazy too but I have to say they did really good. We broght them out in the house for a few months before we used them. Maybe once a week we would actually put them on properly and go for our "walk" in the house. Casey would usually walk for a minute but then want it off. When I took them outside I think they were just excited to be out and were distracted that they walked pretty good.

I would definitely say it's worth a try and I would think it will only get better the more you use them. It's nice to know to know I have a way to take them out myself if for some reason I don't have the stroller.

Good luck!