Sunday, June 14, 2009

And He's Off!!

After a few weeks of being so close, Mitchell's finally crawling! He had been doing his own version of it by scooting his knees in and then flopping forward on his belly. But a few days ago he got his arms and legs coordinated and took off. I was at my parents at the time so he started doing it there and then as soon as we got home he was showing off for Daddy. I am sure he gets frustrated with me because I keep moving things further away from him as he gets closer so that he'll keep going. I just love to watch him crawl....he has such a determined look on his face.


Here is another video clip of his interview with Daddy afterwards.


He can also pull himself up on some things. I had set him down in front of a toy in the living room, went into the kitchen and when I came back a minute or two later he was standing!

Casey and Maggie will both get themselves up on to their hands and knees and rock back and forth, so they may not be too far behind now that they will have Mitchell cruising around them. I can't believe that they are old enough to be doing this already!!

When Mitchell was still in the hospital Daniel "swore" that he saw him crawl at 2 weeks old. He would be sleeping on his tummy and scoot himself upwards in his isolette, although only enough that a proud Daddy could tell. So I guess from the very beginning he had his own way of getting around.

Way to go Mitchell!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

YAAYY!! I'm so proud of Mitchell!! The first crawler of our gang.
GOOD JOB LITTLE BUDDY!!

Unknown said...

Jill !! they are getting so big. So much fun to see the videos, they are so happy at least while on video. Good job parents!!!!

Unknown said...

Karen is pdch01, just so you know it's me!