Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Cards and Goofing Around

As I was trying to get these sent out this past week,


I was listening to what has become a common thing around here...3 little monsters not napping. I heard some strange noises coming from their room, something that sounded like their music box being thrown repeatedly into the wall and then 3 giggles right after. Before even going in I knew it was Mitchell that was out of his crib, but I didn't think that this is how he got out...


Daniel fixed Mitchells' crib so he can't do that again!

I am desperate to get our napping babies back! For the past month or two they have not been napping well at all. They used to nap for around 3 hours in the afternoon and then sleep 12 hours at night, which I know is awesome! But lately they've only been napping about every 4th day. They still go into their cribs and hang out in there for quite some time talking and goofing around with each other, but this cumulative lack of sleep is really taking it's toll on our usually happy kids (and mommy, daddy and nanny Amber too).

I've re-read parts of what I call my "sleep bible" and it talks about them skipping naps and then becoming so overtired they are just too wound up to nap. The lack of sleep starts to add up after the weeks and months go by and then they really start to have troubles. So taking the advice in the book, we've started putting them down earlier at night (7:00pm, but we could actually try even earlier) and bumping their nap back a half hour to hour later in the afternoon. And it seems to be starting to work - they have napped the past 3 days in a row! They still have had grouchy days but hopefully that will get better once they get caught up on some sleep.

If you have any suggestions, please share!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Christmas cards are so beautiful.

Enjoy the weekend.

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the Xmas card!