Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hockey Time

With just about anything we do in this house, the kids love to announce what time it is. By that I mean if they're having milk, putting on jammies, playing with their play food, it's "milk time", "jammie time" or "foodie time", etc. So Sunday when I told the kids we were going to watch daddy play hockey I heard that it was "hockey time" the whole 30 minutes it took to get there. We were late getting there but once we did they sat really well through the last half of the game. They had a lot of snacks and went up and down 3 rows of bleachers between grandpa, grandma and myself but at least they weren't trying to run around. They seemed a lot more interested in actually watching some of the game compared to last year.

Mealtime in our house has gotten so much better since we started the no throwing rule. If they throw anything (plates, utensils or food) they come straight out of their chair and have to just hang out while the other two finish their meal. And then whoever eats without throwing gets "3 cheers/hip-hip, hoorays" when they're done. It may be silly, but it really works - they get upset when they don't get their hoorays. And now whoever is out first really gets into the cheering, here it's the boys cheering for Maggie.


Last Saturday we were going to take the kids out to the children's museum, but Mr. Casey decided to have a ginormous tantrum and instead he stayed home with daddy while Mitchell, Maggie and I went out. Instead of going to the museum we went to Tim Horton's and then to the grocery store. With only 2 kiddos they both got to ride in the grocery cart (without having to have another person along for a second cart).

It seemed like a bit of a break with only two! Haha!

2 comments:

Annie said...

They are adorable.

Samantha said...

I love all the strategies we have to come up with! Do yours get upset when one leaves? I rotate taking one to a class each week and the other two get so upset!