Monday, September 27, 2010

Behind Closed Doors

I get asked quite often if we have the kids all in the same room or separated. These videos are one reason why I don't want to separate them. There is no picture, just their closed bedroom door - I did it so I could record their voices. Mitchell is the one with the crazy giggle, Casey and a much quieter Maggie are the other voices (and the ones knocking and saying come in).





I have so many videos of them talking, giggling, bouncing on their beds, knocking on the walls and saying "Come in...". Often times when we're in the kitchen in the morning Daniel and I will laugh at what they're saying and the strange noises that are coming from their bedroom. They have so much fun together in there behind closed doors and I think whoever was separated and on their own would be lonely. We do have 1 extra room on the main floor which is now the play room that's intended for Maggie once she is old enough and decides she wants her own room. They are generally pretty good about sleeping through somebody crying either during a nap or at night. I think they are just so used to it, it's been that way since day 1 in NICU.

Mitchell needs the most sleep of the bunch and if he doesn't get it he can be, well, darn cranky! So the only time their bedroom setup doesn't work so well is in the mornings when he wakes up sooner than he is ready to, usually from Casey yelling or screaching. It doesn't happen all of the time but when it does, I prepare myself for a rough morning. Usually after his afternoon nap he'll be back to normal though.

We went to our twin buddies' (Ruby and Leah) 2nd birthday party this weekend. The kids had a great time although Maggie and Mitchell were getting pretty territorial and ramy with the little tikes cars. Sometimes I don't realize how rough our kids can play sometimes until we get around other kids who aren't the same way. Sorry to anyone's kids who might have gotten their toes run over, crashed into with the cars or possibly helped down the slide. Thanks for the great party Tara and Jason!

The kids patiently waiting for their very yummy cupcakes.

Birthday girl Leah and Ruby (from behind).

Casey, Leah and I'm not sure if it's Abbey or Aida (sorry Desta), one of our other twin buddies.


My sister in law's good friend and her husband just had their twin boys a few days ago in Calgary. Logan and Liam were born at 23 and a half weeks and are fighting for their lives. I just can't imagine how hard it must be. Since this has happened I've been remembering how truly lucky we are to have gotten to almost 33 weeks with our babies and to have had no health problems. We'll be praying for these 2 little boys.

1 comment:

Annie said...

LOL, their videos are so cute.

Looks like a wonderful party.