Friday, January 8, 2010

Fun In The Kitchen

The babies got a play kitchen for Christmas. We set it up last Sunday and they played great with it for the first few days. They love all of the play food and enjoy pretending to feed us. They walk all over the house with their bowls and spoons mixing something. They make the fake eating noises when they have a taste of their little mixture. Here are a few pictures from the first day with the kitchen.


Maggie was happy until Casey stole the lid from her, meanwhile Mitchell wass taking an important phone call.

Here are a few pictures after day 2 or 3. I won't name names, but a little boy (who may have an "M" in his name) decided that it was more fun to play with the kitchen when it was set up like this.




Never a dull moment around here!

Two months from today (March 8th) is the end of my 18 month leave. I shouldn't even think about complaining because I have been so lucky to have had this much time off. And factoring in the almost 3 months that I was off work before the babies were born, it will have been 21 months in total. I was really fortunate to have enough sick time to get me through from 20 weeks until the day the babies were born. Then after my regular 12 month mat leave was up, I had a number of holiday hours to use.

I really do enjoy my job and the people I work with, but I have to say that I love staying at home with the babies. So as far as me returning to work, we are going to see what we can find for childcare (looking for someone to come into our home part time) and then go from there.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Super cute! My boys are always wanting to knock everything over, but my girl, never bothers!