Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tornado Touchdown

I have never been in or seen a tornado but I am guessing that it may leave an aftermath that is comparable to this:


Our 3 little destroyers can tear apart a room in no time. Maggie is usually the peaceful and quiet one of the bunch, but I have to say that when it comes to taking all of the diapers and towels off of the changetable and throwing them around the room she is usually the leader of the pack.

We have been in a new routine for about a month now. Once we got the okay from the pediatrician we dropped their daytime bottles and switched to whole milk. I have to say that I was soooo glad to eliminate 3 bottles from our day. It had been become a battle to get them to lay still long enough to drink their bottle since about May. They still get a bedtime bottle, although once I am sure that they are drinking enough milk from their sippy cups throughout the day we'll get rid of that bottle too.

No one is walking on their own yet, but they all love to walk the kitchen chairs and anything else that they can push around the house. Casey is now standing on his own(not just by mistake) so we think he will take a few steps before too long. About a month ago there was a local baby crawl contest. Our babies were born 1 week too early to enter which was too bad because we would have kicked some serious butt! Not only are they lightening fast crawlers, we had good odds.




Daniel and I had a great getaway. Seattle is a beautiful city and definately somewhere we plan to take the kids when they are a little older. We went to 5 (yes 5!) baseball games, did a fair bit of shopping and some sightseeing. It was a really nice break but we were very ready to get home to our babies. They of course were in great hands and everything went fine, but grandma and grandpa may be in need of a holiday themselves after their week.

No comments: