Thursday, October 15, 2009

3 For 3!!!

What are the chances that all 3 of our babies would start to walk on the same day? Well I don't really know, but I wouldn't think they would be that good. But holy crap today was the day!! And all within about 2 hours!!

Mitchell was the first to take off. My friends Leah and Erica were over visiting and we were sitting around in the living room. Mitchell stood up and took about 4 or 5 steps over to the girls. I just started screaming! I was so shocked and totally not expecting him to do that. Mitchell did it a few more times throughout the night and got up to about 6 or 7 steps at a time.

Next was little Miss Maggie, she was so funny! As soon as Mitchell took his first little stroll she started standing up, staying there for a few seconds and then sitting down. She did it over and over, probably at least 20 times while the girls were still there. She was trying so hard to walk. Then not long before bedtime after many, many more standing and sitting bouts she finally took a few steps. She was hilarious....she would take 4 or 5 steps, fall down and then get right back up and do it over and over again. I think she would still be going now at 10:00pm if we would have let her.

Just before we were going to put Casey to sleep for the night I told him that tomorrow would be his day to start walking. Well, apparently he didn't want to be left out because he took a few steps shortly after that. He was determined to walk as well. We were so excited to have each of them walk for the first time so close together. They did the best when they had their back to me and walked toward Daniel...maybe that is a sign that they will be running away from me and going straight for daddy.

It was so amazing to watch each of them take their first few steps and watch those little wobbly legs try to keep them balanced. Here is a video clip of Maggie. We'll try over the next few days to get one of each of them.



And I thought our house was crazy already...oh my goodness!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That is SO great! Watch out for the "drunken baby" walking as I call it. Soon they'll learn to turn and everything. Mine walk all over and don't even look where they are going and crash into one another. Great to have video of the moment!

Lexi said...

Hi I came across your blog and wanted to share my site with you since you have a cute little girl! :)
www.sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com
www.sugarandspice1.etsy.com