Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bye Bye Baby Clothes

It has been a very busy few weeks around our house. After the parties were over I was getting things ready to put in the SPOTTO sale this past weekend. SPOTTO is the local multiples organization here and they have a clothing sale twice a year. As I went through the clothes the babies have out grown I was remembering back to how tiny they once were. Some of their preemie clothes seemed big on them at the time. Now looking at those clothes they look like they are for little dolls. I cried many times sorting through things and thinking back to this past year...how little they were, how big and grown up they are now and how fast time has gone. I have put aside a pile of clothes that I am not ready to part with yet and probably never will...some of the my favorite things of theirs. Anyways, I sold some things in the sale, enough to make room for what I bought!

A quick update on the babes:

Casey's hair has become very curly in the last little while. It is more so after a bath or when it is really warm in the house. I just love his curls! Someone asked me if I am thinking of cutting his hair because it is starting to get pretty long, but I'm not ready yet. I like the shaggy look on little boys especially with some curls. He has started to stand a little on his own so right now he seems the closest to walking.


Mitchell has started to stick up for himself and has become quite good at defending his toys. If Casey or Maggie come up to him and try to take something away from him he will spin around in a circle and put his free arm up to block them from getting it. It is good that he is sticking up for himself, however, he has become rather pushy and pully. He is not afraid to try and remove someone from where he wants to be (like on our lap when we are on the floor, at our legs when we are sitting at the table or at a toy he wants). Both him and Maggie have started to climb on things. They like to use us or their bouncy chairs to get on the couch and then climb up to the top. This time it was the phone that he was after.


This was Maggie on her way to the top of the couch to get the "good books" - their favorite ones that we don't let them chew on.

Maggie is a real copycat. She waves bye-bye and shakes her head "no" countless times during the day. It is funny because she will do something she shouldn't and then look at you and shake her head....like taking diaper after diaper out of the change table and throwing it on the floor. Do you think she's heard the word no a few times in our house? If the tv is on and she hears someone on there say no or don't she'll shake her head at the tv. It's so funny! I like to put barrettes or "pretties" in her hair, but the boys always go after them and pull them out.



Everyone likes to chase and be chased. It is so cute to watch them scamper down the hallway one after another. They rearrange our kitchen chairs and highchairs countless times during the day as they walk them across the kitchen. They love to take their turns walking around the house holding onto two of our fingers, but no one has had the courage to take any steps on their own yet.

Daniel and I are going on a holiday at the end of the month. The babies are going to stay with my parents while we are in Seattle for 6 days. It will be hard to leave them and not worry about how much trouble they may be causing, but at the same time it will be nice to get away for a few days.

No comments: