Thursday, June 9, 2011

Children's Festival

I was SO excited to take the kids to the Children's Festival this year - I pictured them having so much fun and enjoying all of the activities. And they did - but what I didn't consider was that I would have whiplash from constantly turning my head to see if all 3 of my children were still with me.

When we first got there it was fine, they stayed pretty close to me and it actually wasn't busy yet so it was okay for them to wander a little ways in front of me. But as the morning went on and more people filled the park, the crazier it got. Despite my occasional stern, but trying not to yell in public calling of their names to get them to come back to me, it was a good morning.

The kids did some crafts...


...played with a ton of Lego...



...got their faces painted...





...watched a Sylvia Chave singing show. This was the Pizza Head song. The boys were right into things clapping along, but Maggie was more hesitant.

After a while I put their Elmo harnesses on which was better because I could at least know they weren't going to get away. The harnesses worked well except for the poor few people who we basically clotheslined.


We met our buddies Jen, Jordyn and Luke there which was great. The boys told me ahead of time that they were going to hold Jordyn's hand and Maggie said she was going to hold Luke's hand. They had it all figured out.



I am beginning to feel a little more "normal" in terms of the things that we can do with triplets as they are getting closer to being 3. However, this day was a reminder that some outings are still quite the undertaking. And I thought to myself after we left, "What if they were not in diapers anymore and I had to take ALL 3 OF THEM into one of the outhouses??" That's just another reason for me to procrastinate this potty training thing a little longer - the ease of peeing anywhere in diapers and also the fact that I am in total denial my babies are actually old enough to not be in diapers anymore!

6 comments:

Annie said...

They look adorable with painted faces.

Looks like a great festival.

Sheila said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a really good time. I know how challenging it must have been to keep everyone safe and happy in that open space with crowds - you did well!

Chelise said...

I'm loving this blog! They are soooo adorable! And I love the Elmo harnesses! And the fact that Jordyn was crouching to look the same height as the rest! So cute!

Samantha said...

That looks like so much fun! Good for you for getting them out! We tried the face painting thing last year and they weren't going for it!

Where is Maggie's skirt/dress from? Gorgeous!

p.s. I am totally dreading the potty training thing because of public restrooms!

Jill said...

Sam - Maggie's outfit is a mishmash...skirt from the Gap, jean leggings Old Navy and a Roxy sweater.

What are your thoughts on potty training? Do you have a plan on when you'll start? I think we are going to try soon (at least with Maggie).

SassyMama said...

Wow!
God for you... and very brave of you:) I avoid taking my kids such places by myself because I just didn't think it could be done without losing at least one of them. So kudos to you... and thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I will brave the big park by myself next week:).