Friday, May 20, 2011

1st Birthday Party & Mother's Day

Mother's Day seems like it was months ago but I guess it was only a few ago. It was a nice weekend. Daniel and I went out Friday night with our friends Leah and Tim and Jen and Sheldon to celebrate Leah and Tim's engagement. We are so happy for them and very excited for their wedding in Mexico in January!

Saturday the kids and I went to North Battleford for my nephew Calder's 1st birthday party. It was a great afternoon, the kids had a blast. I was so proud of them for having 2 servings of cake and ice cream...just like their mommy!



The birthday boy!

Sunday we travelled back home and then dealt with the wrath of 3 SUPER grouchy kids! Seriously, after only 2 nights of going to bed later than usual and waking up before 6:00am Sunday morning they were little monsters! We, or I should say "I", am not as strict with their schedule as when they were younger but this is a good reminder why we do still keep their bedtime and naptime pretty consistent. They sleep a fair amount compared to other kids their age age and obviously they need it!

I did get a nice big Mother's Day drawing which was great.


Mitchell decided to have a waxy snack part way through.

I can say that as happy as I was to get our little grouchos into bed that night, I did stop to think about how extremely lucky I am to be able to celebrate Mother's Day and be a mother to 3 beautiful, healthy, sweet children.

They were in no mood to take a picture with me that night so this is from another, calmer evening before bed.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, two pieces of cake each one.

Painting and drawing are great activities for kids.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Samantha said...

Awww...sounds like a great time, minus the grouchiness!

How are the attitudes? Mine seem like they are experiencing the Terrible Two's a little late ;)

Jill said...

Sam, we seemed to enter the terrible 2`s around 20 months. Then they were better for a bit, now I think we`re gearing for the 3`s which I`ve heard can be worse. Yikes!