Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We'll Miss You Amber!

We have been extremely lucky to have found such a great young girl to come into our home and care for our kids. Originally the plan was for Amber to be here the 3 days a week that I worked. Things changed a little for us right around the time that I went back to work when Daniel resigned from his job. He has since then been working from home in the office and Amber has been here with the kids.

However, we began to realize that his work was not as busy for him in the mornings when she was here, but rather later in the day when I was home from work. So we came to the decision that it would make the most sense for Daniel to just be here with the kids while I'm at work and then I will be home when he needs to do his work. We wrestled with the idea because Amber has been nothing but awesome with the kids and they just love her, but really it just came down to us wanting to spend as much time as possible with our kiddos because they are growing up so quickly.

Last Friday was Amber's last day with us so we all went out for lunch to Boston Pizza. The kids did relatively well, but sitting in a booth gives them a little too much freedom. Once the jello and whipped cream came though, they sure sat quietly!





She got the kids each a helmet which they have worn NON-STOP since then!


We'll miss you Amber, but we'll definitely see you at the soccer field this summer!

A few weeks ago Daniel was away for a couple of days and I had to work so the kids went to my parents. They found a Dora book that they loved and Grandma taught them about Swiper the fox, and they now tell us, "Swiper, no swiping!" I don't even know what that means.

I'm not sure what it is about stairs and snacks, but this is a popular spot at Grandma and Grandpa's too.

Casey was so tired one day at lunch he could barely keep his eyes open. Grandpa was trying to feed him grapes but he couldn't even get up the strength to open his mouth (which is very unlike him).


I think he could have asked for anything at that moment and Grandma would have given it to him.

Mitchell laid claim to Mr. Potato Head's teeth.


As always, outside at the lake is sooo much fun especially this time of year with all of the puddles!




The kids were so excited that there was a cat hanging around outside of the house.

Especially Casey!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Great pics! Don't ya just love grandparents!!!
My dad loves to give the kids nothing but M&M's and lollipops! They try to get away with everything with my parents, and it usually works ;)

Annie said...

Great pictures, as always!!!