Friday, May 14, 2010

Park and Play

Last weekend we took the babies to the park that's about a 5 minute walk from our house. They had a lot of fun! Maggie and Casey took to the slide right away, they took turns having daddy hang on to them as they went down. Mitchell walked around casing the place out at first, tried the slide but then settled into the swings. The way that the playground is set up, I would not be able to have them there without someone else with me. Besides the fact that it's not fenced in (although I don't think at this point any of them would run away on me), there are some pretty big drop offs from platforms that they can climb up on. For example, right behind where they would go down the slide is a fireman pole down to the ground that would be about a 4 or 5 foot drop.

We were a kept pretty busy with the 3:2 ratio, but I did manage to get a few pictures.




Maggie had her heart set on going on the big kids swing.


Earlier this week I went to a drop in program at one of the soccer centres in the city with some friends and their kids. You paid $5 for up to 3 children (which was perfect for us). It was basically a big indoor soccer field with ride on toys, balls, a climber/slide, a ball pit, oh and about 40 kids. Then there was a row of chairs off to the side for the moms to sit and visit. The sitting and visiting part didn't really happen for us because we were out in the middle of all of the kids but the kids had a good time and we did get a bit of a visit in.

Lauren's little girl Addy was posing while I took a picture of the field.

Jen's little boy Luke, who also happens to be Maggie's boyfriend although not according to her daddy, was cruising around on a car.

Jordyn was helping Maggie up the slide.

Thanks for the suggestion Lauren, we'll definately go back again! She also told me about a similar program there that's free for employees of the health region so I'll definately have to look into that.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Both days looks like fun.

Enjoy the weekend.