Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our First Incident

Last week we had our first "poop smearing incident". People told me that it would happen at some point. And I guess I have to say that I was glad that all 3 of the babies didn't join in. I was changing Maggie at the time when Daniel asked me what I had given Mitchell. He walked a little closer to see that his hand was full of poop and it was smeared on the carpet, their bedroom door and the music box. I guess he had reached around and pulled it out of the back of his diaper (he was wearing two piece pj's). Daniel and I almost lost our cookies but he didn't seem to mind because he had it in his mouth and up his nose. So gross!!

Everyone is pretty much fully walking now. They will still crawl the odd time but they have gotten really good at walking just within the past 5 days that Daniel has been gone. They must be wanting to show off for him when he gets back. Maggie and Mitchell used to walk like Frankenstein with their arms straight out and Casey had his arms up like a football goalpost. They don't do that as much anymore but they do still stager around at times like they have had a few too many drinks.

We have found out that nerf balls are not something that the babies (well actually Mitchell) are allowed to play with anymore. We had a few footballs that he took good sized chunks out of. Then today he dug to the bottom of the toy box, pulled out the soccer ball that I didn't realize was in there and ended up with a bunch of pieces of it in his mouth. This boy will bite and chew on anything, people included. He shoves food in his mouth with both hands...I think he figures someone may try and steal it if he doesn't (and maybe rightfully so in this house). He looks like a little chipmunk with stuffed cheeks when he eats. Casey has been screaming a lot lately, when he is happy, excited, sad, mad...or for no real reason at all. And Maggie, she is sneaky little girl. She always finds a way to climb onto our lap if we're on the floor or be right at our legs if we're at the table. She does it very discretely so the boys don't notice she has the prime spot.

Here is a video of something that the babies love to do in our kitchen. They go around and around the island. This a strangely quiet version, it usually is a lot louder than this. I think they had just gotten up from a nap.

No comments: