We started July 1st and we put them in straight undies except for naps and bedtime. There were a number of accidents that first day - they would tell is when they had to pee but it would be too late. Smarties were our reward for going and boy Maggie was sure determined to eat as many as she could. She would sit and pee, we would do our dance, celebration, flush, etc. and then she would pick the one she wanted. We would go back to doing whatever it was we were doing and 2 minutes later she would say she had to pee again, which was great of course that she was learning and wanting too but she had another motive. She would squeeze out a drop or two and then of course we would do the whole routine again with dancing, celebrating and smartie.
By late afternoon on day 1 Mitchell already had the hang of it, he did really well! On day 2 Maggie and Casey started to also recognize before they had to go and I think we only had 2 or 3 accidents between all 3 of them that day. Since then they have done absolutely awesome! On day 4 we went to a family reunion on Daniel's side a few hours away. We brought the potties with us and they went at the ball diamond, at the hall, the park and hotel room.
We were (and are) so happy, proud and surprised that they have caught on so quickly. I think we waited long enough until they were really ready and understood what to do. And I also really think that just going straight to undies was key for them.
As I mentioned Mitchell caught on in no time at all - look at this proud look on his face!
Maggie was the Smartie Queen, it was so funny!
Casey on the other hand felt left out a few times when the other 2 got smarties and he didn't.
Part of me is sad in a strange way that my "babies" are out of diapers (for the most part). Time has just gone so quickly and it seems surreal that they are old enough to be at this stage.
I have a lot of catching up to do on here but just haven't had the chance yet. We have been away a lot these last 3 weeks, home just for a few days in between to get unpacked, laundry done, work for a few days, re-pack and back on the road. I'm leaving in a few hours to a lia sophia conference in Toronto for 4 days so hopefully once I get back can get caught up.



5 comments:
Congrats! I'm glad it has been going well.
I also had one that would go very small amounts, get their treat and then pee another tablespoon or two in order to get another treat... and then do it again:). I thought it was really funny. Smart kids!
Congrats! I don't know how you managed all 3 at once. I would have gone completely crazy with my 3! Way to go and welcome to your new diaper-less world!
awesome! i just did the same thing with my 34-months old twin boys (triplets, surviving twins).
i, too, take the potty everywhere and we go potty in the minivan before entering a store, to try to avoid the publich restrooms!
although one of my little guys is having trouble with #2--do you have that at all?
curious: do you do pull-ups for nap/bedtime still? ( i do)...
good job, mamma!!!! esther
Congratulations kids!!!!!
We still have one potty in the minivan and believe me is huge relief. And also I carry a portable seat for them in my purse.
Wow good for them...that is great...
Post a Comment