Sadly, we lost one of our little angels at 12 weeks. It was a very hard time to go through, but we kept trying to tell ourselves that our 3 babies had a very good chance of being healthy.
My pregancy was fairly uneventful. I had "all-day sickness" for the first 3 months and a lot of fatigue. However, I know many women who were carrying just one baby that felt a lot worse than I did. I finished work at 20 weeks and spent the next (almost) 13 weeks trying to relax and getting ready for our babies to come. I was lucky to be able to remain fairly active up until the babies came. I was never on bedrest, I was just told to take it easy and rest as much as I could. I was at Costco with my friend Jen a few days before the babes were born (although I think I remember having a nice long nap after the shopping trip).
We had a fantastic doctor who we were very comfortable with and who took great care of the four of us. Unfortunately she was away when it was time for our babies to come, but another great doctor filled in for her.
31 weeks pregnant

On Sept. 2nd I went for my weekly ultrasound and the doctor was a little concerned about Maggie's size so she sent me for more tests to be done later that week. During those tests they realized that Maggie was not moving around quite as much as she should have been. When I saw the doctor later that day my blood pressure was extremely high and my liver enzymes were elevated. The doctor told me that I had developed HELPP syndrome and it would be best for the babies and for me to deliver them that night! So I went home and got my bag, called Daniel to come home from the golf course and we were back at the hospital about an hour later.
An hour or two before the babies were born.



No comments:
Post a Comment